Thursday, March 24, 2011

What I Want My Church To Be!

My church is composed of people like me.

. . .. I help make it what it is.

It will be friendly,

. . . . if I am.

It pews will be filled,

. . . . if I help fill them.

It will do great work,

. . . . if I work.

It will make generous gifts to great causes,

. . . . if I am a generous giver.

It will bring other people into its worship and fellowship,

. . . . if I invite and bring them.

It will be a church of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith, and a church with a noble spirit,

. . . if I, who make it what it is, am filled with these same things.

Therefore, with the help of God,

. . . I shall dedicate myself to the task of being all the things I want my church to be.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment