Wednesday, August 20, 2014

God Will Sustain Us

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you" (Isaiah 46:4).

What a wonderful assurance this statement brings.  How powerful to read a proclamation by God made over 2,700 years ago!  

It looks back to the self-revealing One that Moses encountered at the burning bush some 700 years earlier, who said, "I AM THAT I AM."   It looks ahead to the One who said some 700 years later "I am."  And today still says, "I am He."

I want to encourage each reader to draw strength from God's promises in this statement: 
I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you.
I will carry you.
I will sustain you.
I will rescue you.

Notice the promise that God will sustain is repeated twice in the text as to give us double the assurance.

Notice that God says, "I have made you and I will carry you", surely a contrast to the false gods made by humanity that must be carried. God will rescue us from the inevitable problems of life.

"God has cared for us from the beginning of our lives, continues to act on our behalf, and will sustain us even to the end." (Note from the Full Life Study Bible)

What troubles you today?  What big problem are you dealing with?  God is a lot bigger than that problem. That indeed is a promise for us all!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment